my MAC lipsticks.

Tuesday 22 February 2011


For the past year or so, I have been slowly battling a lipstick obsession. Rimmel, GOSH, ELF, you name a brand, I have a lipstick by it, but my favourite lipstick brand by far is most definitely MAC. Their colour selection is outstanding, and I can't get over the gorgeous application that the 3 MAC lipsticks that I own give me. So here's a little insight into my MAC lippie collection so far...



Shy Girl
'Creamy neutral coral beige (Cremesheen)'
I adore this lippie for a pop of coral-y color when my face is lacking a bit of warmth. Its definitely a unique colour in my collection, a beautiful peach tone and its a world away from my usual fall back nude lipsticks.



Creme Cup
'Light blue pink (Cremesheen)'
This is most definitely a perfect everyday lipstick colour for me, not being too loud, bright or pale, this is a 'my lips, but just a little but better' colour.
 


Hue
'Soft pale pink (Glaze)'
By far my favourite of the bunch is of course Hue, which is much raved about here on Beautylishious. This is just the perfect milky, pale pink, and saves me from a world of boring nudes with a hint of colour!
 
 *note to self- get over your fear of colourful lipsticks!*

Left to right- Hue, Creme Cup, Shy Girl

I'm always looking for more additions to my MAC lipstick family, with Plink and Lady Danger being high up on my wishlist. Any suggestion of further purchases ladies? :)

22 comments :

  1. They all look really pretty on you; who doesn't love a nude lip?! (saying that, I do look dead when I do, but ohwell) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are lovely! :)
    i done a post on Speak Louder last week, it's a really nice pink, awfully bright though, depends on your taste! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creme Cup looks lovely! I love Hue too :)
    Snob is a must, its beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 3 mac lipsticks too, unlike you I have loads of bright lippies whereas you have lots of nudes :P I definitely reccommend Ravishing if you want a soft coral x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need hue in my life, it looks lovely!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hue looks so lovely. I only have two Mac lipsticks, Viva Glam Gaga and Cyber. I love them both but they're totally different, Cyber is an almost black purple and Gaga is a pastel pink - I definitely get more use out of Gaga! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are the sort of shades I'm growing to like. I'm not so much of a red lipstick girl. I think I need to get some mac lippies.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These three colours are amazing! I have three as well! I agree they are my favorite lipsticks. I have the Viva Glam Gaga (the pink one, not the new one which I want!) I have Marquise d' from the wonder woman collection, and I have Innocence Beware! from the Venomous Villains collection! So All mine are like collections haha! But I do want to try more! I adore them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely choice of colours, I want all three of them, esp. Hue it's such a perfect everyday colour! I currently love viva glam cyndi :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. creme cup is probally my favorite mac lipstick. Great colors you have

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely shades, these are right up my alley! Will definitely be getting Creme Cup :) Great post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. They all look pretty! The only lipstick I have from MAC is Lazy Day, and I love it (=

    ReplyDelete
  13. mac lipsticks are like candy, always more to want ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think creme cup is my favourite of all the above, just wish I could wear nudes! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. so pretty, i live the shy girl ;)

    ~ x♥x♥ :)
    ~ x♥x♥ :)
    ~ x♥x♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a fan of lipsticks, i usually opt for my good ol' aloe vera vaseline, but i like the subtle shades of this!

    btw. im following you on one basis:
    Ed Westwick is on your blog. do I need any other reason! ;-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Jenny- Ohh i do love a nude lip! Maybe try Hue, its not really that nude, but quite warm and pink :)

    @Lauren Baker- Im sooo tempted by Snob! :)

    @communicatingbeauty- Wow, sounds amazing! Im so scared when it comes to bright colours though!

    @DaintyMakeup- im tempted by Snob, it looks gorgeous!

    @Irene- Haha, we are opposites :) Ravishing sounds lovely, i will definately check it out!:)

    @Holly- Its gorgeous, i would deffo recommend! :)

    @LilyLipstick- Wow, Cyber sounds amazing! I wish i was brave enough for it! :)

    @Jess- Me too, basically all of my lipstick collection is soft pinks and nudes!

    @Emily Anne- I really want Innocence Beware, im kicking myself for not getting it when i had the chance, its so pretty! :)

    @Gemx- Viva Glam Cyndi looks gorgeous! I want! Haha:)

    @Life of a girl called hawaiianpunchelsea- Creme Cup is just beautiful, perfect for everyday!

    @bettzy93- Thanks, i love them!

    @Laura xo- Hehe, hope it was helpful to you! Creme cup is gorgeous, i definately recommend!:)

    @G A B Y- Ohh Lazy Day looks lovely, i may put it on my wishlist ;)

    @THE DIVINITUS- Haha, me too, im already eyeing up some more i want!

    @Rachel- I bet you can, maybe try and softer nude like Hue, its got warm undertones so it isnt too nude!:)

    @Claire- Shy Girl is beautiful!

    @Amy McDonnell- Ohh i totes agree, good ol' vaseline! And yay, a fellow Ed Westwick fan! He is absolutely bloody gorgeous, love him! Thanks for following!:)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cherish and Russian Red.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. what beautiful lipsticks!xx

    ReplyDelete