my eyebrows!

Sunday 15 January 2012



My eyebrows have always been a bit of an oddball compared to the rest of me, somehow they have winded up about 5 shades darker than my natural hair colour and change shape so regularly I can't keep up. I have been cursed with the 'disobedient eyebrows' gene where the hairs rebel from any position I put them in; an affliction for which I blame my mother's side of the family entirely for!

Although I'm always baffled as to why my eyebrows have decided to be so much darker than my actual hair colour, I really don't see it as an issue but as more a 'feature of my face' which I embrace wholeheartedly and I am now a full devotee to the whole 'filling in the brows all day everyday' group!

Tweezerman are my weapon of choice when it comes to taming my unruly brows and are so sharp and powerful they really make the job of brow taming quick and relatively pain free, and are the best tweezers I have ever used, hands down!

I also use a MUA shadow in Shade 19- Matt, which is dark matte brown on a random old Argos angled brush from my collection, to speedily dust some colour through my eyebrows every morning, counteracting the gaps and darkening the ends. By no means am I a fan of the infamous 'scouse brow' (link here) but a fan of dark and bushy brows, I am!

A quick tug with a brow comb and my brows are complete for the day, even if they very rarely stay in place and will most likely squirm out of position faster than you can say 'eyebrows'! 

What's your 'eyebrow routine' and have you got any miracle brow product recommendations, I need a change from my old favourite MUA eyeshadow!

Have a lovely week! 

28 comments :

  1. My brows used to be over unruly but now it seems the more i tame them the longer they stay ! hehe


    www.hidinginwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine aren't too unruly- they just don't match! The 'tame' side of ELF's eyebrow treat and tame is really good as it's like a brow gel to set them but is also coloured x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're actually really lucky to have dark eyebrows with your light hair; light eyebrows with dark hair makes it look as though I don't have any! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eyebrows are lovely! I wish mine were as full and thick :( x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have naturally dark hair and dark brows so don't fill my in too often but recently I've noticed how much it can change your face even if I add only a little powder! And I agree, sharp tweezers make for easy hair removal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont actually have an eyebrow routine!? Is that weird/wrong?! I get them waxed every 4 weeks and that is literally it! haha. They seem to stay where they get put when I get them waxed! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only just started to fill in my brows and ive become addicted to it! even if I only wear a bit of concealer throught the day I have to fill in my brows because it gives my face defintion! ,
    xx

    www.theitgirl44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sophie-merifield15 January 2012 at 20:22

    i use a MuA shadow too! there so good coz you can start light and and darken with them too

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like them, such a feature! I am guilty of seriously over plucking mine so now am on a mission to grow them out to their thick bushy glory before I go and get them sorted properly by people who have more knowledge than me haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have really dark, thick eyebrows. They were wild when I was younger and I used to be self-conscious, but they are now one of my favourite features.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HANNAH! PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!!!!(: How do you remove your makeup at the end of the day // what products do you use!!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use Boots botanics eye makeup remover and liz earle cleanse and polish :)
    i have a post on skincare here http://beautylishious.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-skincare-routine.html
    hope that helps :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wild dark eyebrows are so gorgeous on people i think! They are so striking!xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, thankyou!
    I used to over pluck mine loads and be a bit embarrassed of them, but now i love big eyebrows!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes MUA shadows are so cheap but work so well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. i know what you mean, im a bit addicted too! opps! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. definitely not weird, you are lucky you don't have to spend time filling them in!:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely, i think just a little bit of filling in can make such a drastic change! Eyebrows really do frame your face! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, i guess, i am glad i have darker brows, means they dont need as much filling in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohh i need to try that! Mine dont match either, its quite frustrating haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha, mine are so unruly, they need to be kept under control! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. your eyebrows look great! i love the shape. :)
    i use an eyebrow shaper kit from anastasia of beverly hills. they have stencils that you can use to shape your brows, i love those stencils! but the color i have is really dark though.

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohhh I love dark eye brows so much, wish I had them, mines the other way dark hair fair eye brows which when I fill in just looks oddd :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Madison Fiorenza21 January 2012 at 18:40

    They look lush! I recently got an eyebrow kit from Benefit, I love it :)
    xo
      Madison's Assortment

    ReplyDelete
  25. TwoSistersOneObsession28 January 2012 at 16:43

    I have over plucked mine for ages but have been growing them for a while now in order to get them waxed into shape, hate the 'inbetween' stage though! yours are a great shape!

    2sisters1obsession.blogspot.com
    Ashlie x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha, i have oddball brows like you - mine are practically black when my hair really isn't! Gotta embrace the darkness, i think it really helps to frame the face!
    Yours are looking lovely :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. You've beautified your brows so well, Hannah. I can tell how obsessed you are with makeup. My girlfriends and I are using customized tweezers. You should try that too. It's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete