Class of 2012: Makeup

Wednesday 16 January 2013


You'll most probably notice that no lip products were included in my favourite makeup post this year, mainly because I physically cannot choose a favourite! Think MAC Creme Cup, Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector and Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine to name but a few products which graced my lips most often this year, but these products are the best of the bunch for me...

Dr Jart Water Fuse Beauty Balm - Not being a massive lover of the heavy foundation look, this is really the perfect base for me at the moment. It literally blends flawlessly in seconds (with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush) and creates a glowing, healthy base which actually looks like skin! If you have dry or dehydrated skin you need to try this!

Topshop Cream Blush in Neon Rose - The Toppers cream blushes are hands down my favourite blushes at the minute. I also own Flush and Head Over Heels, however Neon Rose has been receiving the most love in 2012. It is scarily bright in the pan but is beautiful when applied to the cheeks, and for me looks best on slightly tan skin.

Jemma Kidd All Over Radiance Creme - My highlighter of the minute, this has pipped MAC's Hush Cream Colour Base right off the top spot this year with its subtle shine. Not content with being beautiful on the cheekbones, this is my all time favourite inner eye highlight which I seem to use without fail everyday for its eye brightening magical powers.

Anastacia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash - The perfect soft, charcoal brown to fill in my already overly dark eyebrows, giving an extremely natural finish in just a few seconds.

L'oreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss - 2012 has been the year of liquid liner and this is an absolute diamond. It is the easiest sponge applicator I have ever used, and stays on a good 8 hours, while being ridiculously easy to remove at night!

L'oreal Telescopic Mascara - Before my lashes were limp, straight and smudging constantly; however after discovering this baby they are long, curled and bulletproof - you need to be a magician to get this stuff off at all!

There are my round ups of 2012 beauty products done and dusted (check out skincare favourites and haircare favourites); here's to more faaaabulous discoveries in the new year!

10 comments :

  1. The super liner is so so easy and quick to apply! I use it a lot myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the best high street liquid liner i have found!:) x

      Delete
  2. I'm really intrigued by the Dr Jart Water Fuse Beauty Balm, I've heard so may good things about it, so I might pick it up when the weather gets a bit warmer :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BB creams is absolutely lovely, leaves a beautiful dewy finish on the skin and is soooo easily blendable! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm also a huge fan of the Jemma Kidd highlight, such a shame this range has been discontinued now :(

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know i cant believe Jemma Kidd makeup doesn't exist anymore, its so sad!:(xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to try the Jemma Kidd one, great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely! Hope you try it out, its fantastic!xx

      Delete
  5. I haven't really tried any of these. They look like great products though.

    I hope you are having a great weekend.

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete