eighteen

Friday 22 February 2013


It was my eighteenth birthday a couple of weeks ago and I am now officially an adult... I can drink and vote and gamble and even get a commercial pilot's licence apparently.

I went out the day after my birthday for my first legal drink, wearing my Missguided deep green, cut-out baby doll dress. I paired it with a spiked Republic necklace (an essential for personal safety in town on a Friday night!) and my Primark studded clutch bag, which literally holds everything! Bare legs were an essential and paired with my Lush Charlotte Island leg tint I wasn't quite as starkly pale as I appear in these photos, even if I was inordinately cold... brrrr. My lashes of choice were Ardell Demi Wispies; a favourite in the blogosphere and fast becoming my go-to lashes. They are uber natural and fluttery... and most of all easy to put on. No more spider lashes all over the face for me! Those, paired with my Laura Mercier Artist's Palette and MAC's Creme Cup lipstick made up my newly adult face. 

My main present from my family was a trip to New York with my sister, who is 21 this weekend... Happy Birthday Sophieee! I got back on Monday so watch out for an upcoming post dedicated to my travels, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

bloglovin' . twitter . tumblr . instagram . pintrerest

26 comments :

  1. Your outfit is stunning and your hair is gorgeous! Hope you had a wonderful birthday xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely! I had a brilliant birthday! xx

      Delete
  2. You look fab! Can't wait for the post about New York you lucky girl!

    whatmollyloves.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! Happy -belated- birthday, can't wait to see your New York post <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with your dress. Going to have a look on Miss guided now.
    Your makeup looks perfect! Too pretty :)

    Hope you had an amazing Birthday and time in New York! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Happy belated birthday! You looked lovely :) Enjoy NYC, it's an amazing city, although it was so weird for me going there when I was 19 and I couldn't drink haha xx

    Made In A Cup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't drink either, being 18, although i was so exhausted every night i don't think i would have if i could! xx

      Delete
  6. So gorgeous, I have serious hair envy, very Lauren Conrad esk.

    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou lovely, i just rough curled it with my babyliss waving wand, favourite hand tool ever!

      Delete
  7. Those lashes!! Your eye makeup looks so gorgeous hope you had an amazing birthday

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ardell Demi Wispies are my favourite lashes of all time!

      Delete
  8. Hope you had a lovely birthday! I remember going out for my first legal drink and not even getting Id'd, I was gutted! You look great, especially your hair and make-up.

    chelseyxlou.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thankfully i did have to proudly show my ID at one point!:)) xx

      Delete
  9. you and your sister were so lucky to get a trip to new york as a birthday present! can't wait to see the new york dedicated posts:) happy belated birthday! xo

    rufflesandlace44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so pleased i got to go! Best time ever!:) xx

      Delete
  10. hope you had a lovely birthday and enjoyed your trip to New York! i love that spiked necklace! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not going to lie, the spiked necklace is a little dangerous in a club! Haha!xx

      Delete
  11. I love the cut out dress:) x

    GIVEAWAY at www.thebeautymist.com
    Featuring. Urban Outfitters, Models Own & More.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, even if it was a little chilly!xx

      Delete
  12. Happy birthday sweety! You look gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, you're pretty! love the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete