the story of March

Friday 12 April 2013

The top photo is a shot of Durham Cathedral, from a quick visit last month to the university. The town is beautiful, all cobbles and little quaint shops... and just a stones throw from the hustle of Newcastle... why ayeee. I fell a little bit in love with the cathedral, the interior is honestly one of the most stunning buildings I have ever been in; beautiful beautiful architecture!

I'm also on Easter away from school, which means revision, revision, revision... exams are in 7 weeks. someone. help. me. But that doesn't mean there isn't a little time for play between long and arduous bouts of revision. Student night and jagerbombs were just calling my name!

Also the rather bizarre shot of my mushroom, sausage, bacon, pesto, pasta combo is in reference to my brand new cooking skills I am currently cultivating in the hopes that at university I will not die of scurvy. Currently I have pasta, risotto, potatoes and soup under my belt and I am hoping to expand my vast repertoire of student friendly meals so please give me recommendations. My inner Nigella is itching to be let loose on the world!

SONG: Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood
BLOG: a fashion love affair
YOUTUBE: Gossmakeupartist ... this man is god.
TV: New Girl... need I say more?
BOOK: Easy by Tamara Webber - a very, very easy read as the title may suggest. 
Although currently I am immersed within 'Tis Pity She's A Whore and The Wife of Bath, oh A-level English how I despise you.
bloglovin' . twitter . tumblr . instagram . pintrerest

8 comments :

  1. I'm from Durham and always take forgranted where I live. I work in a school and took them to the catherdral a few weeks ago and everytime I go I always forget how beautiful it is. Still scares me when I look at it at night driving through the city with the scary lighting on it haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful city! The cathedral literally took my breath away, the architecture is just something else entirely! I havnt seen it at night but hopefully will next time i go!:) xx

      Delete
  2. Durham Cathedral is one of my fav cathedrals. Such a beautiful atmosphere. Good luck with the revision! xx

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell a little bit in love with it! Hope to go back for another visit soon! xx

      Delete
  3. That Cathedral is gorgeous! I love old architecture.
    Sweater Weather is an amazing song! always on repeat.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything by The Neighbourhood is constantly on repeat at the moment! I am loving their music xx

      Delete
  4. Iowa Durham!so beautiful isn't it :) is that where you're going to uni then?
    your pasta looks lovely! I'm at uni now and my cooking skills are still very limited! I wouldn't know where to being when making a risotto xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully! I think i will be self catered so im having to get my cooking skills up to scratch early! Need to get a few more dishes under my belt haha! xxx

      Delete