MeMeMe Highlighter Review...

Thursday 30 September 2010

Doesn't everybody strive for that perfect 'candlelight' glow on their cheeks, especially during the dull ole' winter months, when skin is more likely to look 'just been running for the bus' shiny rather than perfect glowy, healthy skin.

However not to fear, MeMeMe Highlighter is here!

Now MeMeMe has a history of having 'similar' products as the beautiful but pricey brand of Benefit, and their highlighter does have a considerable likeness to Benefit Highbeam, however who's to complain when its a quarter of the price?!


I picked up this beautiful Beat The Blues Highlighter in Sunbeam in the lovely Superdrug for just £4.50, and of course upon getting it home I was eager to try it out...

Lets get glowing... (Que a few rubbish pictures...)




*Excuse my terrible, terrible pictures!*

After many disastrous adventures with highlighter before (glitter ball cheeks anyone?) I was cautious of getting my hopes up for this. However I was not disappointed with this little gem.

This highlighter is one of the 'nail polish' makeup products, where you use a brush to apply product and then blendddd, which, when using in public, usually prompts people to warn you about putting nail polish on your face :|

Anywhoo, this is a beautiful soft golden colour and when rubbed in, has a tiny amount of shimmer, not enough to sparkle like a disco ball, but just enough to give you that radiant glow that we all strive for. Perfect colour for anytime, and will be especially pretty in summer next year, and it lasts forever!

The only downfall to this product is that in some lights you can see the actual shimmer, which will never make you look disco-balley but some may find this annoying!

Overall I love this product, one of the best highlighter I have used in my admittedly small highlighter collection, and for just £4,50, give it a go!


I brought this product with my own money and they are my honest views on this product.

 

17 comments :

  1. I have been trying to get my hands on this for the longest time my my superdrugs are allways out. :-(

    Your eyelashes are amazing!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks nice!! :) You're so pretty and cute and OMG your eyelashes are out of this world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyelashes rock in this picture! What are you wearing on them? I might buy this if my high beam runs out, sounds like a good buy! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this, and its just great, like the benefit version and its so perfect. Easy to build upon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow it looks lovely on you(:, your skin is so nice!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your skin is lush! and your eyebrows!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh love this review missus! You look so prettyful :-) I love this higlighter too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review - this sounds like a perfect dupe for Benefit's Moonbeam. It looks gorgeous in the pictures, just the right amount of glow without being disco-ball shimmery! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review!:D Thanks!:D

    This product makes your skin looking fresh and dewy!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great! You have beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review, I think I need to get this now!! & Oh I know exactly what you mean about the nailvarnish thing, I get that all the time when I use my blushers that are in this form! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish we had this in the US! :/ You look stunning :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so gorgeous m'darling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. this looks lovely on. i might have to buy it.
    just found your blog. im now following.
    hope you can follow back :)
    love FASHIONPROJECT. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Clairabelle- Maybe try online! Such a shame yours is always out, but thankyouu! :)

    @Stavroula- Aww thanks hun, Max Factor False Lash Effect is my secret weapon :)

    @Olivia- Max Factor False Lash effect, i loveee it! You should try it and do a comparison :)

    @Lisa.- I agree, its so lovelyy!

    @Holly- Thanks hun! But its really not, the camera is very forgiving! :) Haha!

    @Chloe- Thanks hun! So sweet! :)

    @Fern- Ohhhh its lovely isnt it!? I have just discoved mixing it with mineral blush to make a lovely shimmery shiny blush! :)

    @LilyLipstick- Ohh yeahhh, it really is! Not sure how it compares to moonglow as i dont own it myself but does look very similar!

    @Marie- Thanks hun! Looks like the hilighter is doing its job! :)

    @Curves ahead makeup- Superdrug :)

    @Sunny & Star- Thankyou hun!

    @Nicola-x- Haha! Its so embarrasing when people think your putting nail varnish on! Hehe!!

    @Laura xo- Thanks hun! I wish the us and the uk had the same makeup brands, then no-one would miss out!!

    @Faye Cavania- Awhh thankyou doll!

    @Carly- Ill check it out thankyou hun! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a new follower on your page it would be so nice if you could follow me back :)

    thanks,
    tara

    ReplyDelete