heat free hair; rollers.

Monday 16 May 2011

This is the first post of hopefully many, in a series of heat free hair styling posts. As you may know, my hair has been on a major heat ban for more than a year now, and it has done my hair's health a world of good. So if your on a heat ban or just looking for ways to cut down the damage to your hair, I hope you like these posts.

First up is styling with hair rollers, as modelled by my lovely sister Sophie...



These rollers are two different sizes from Sally's Beauty Supplies. They were inserted into natural, dry hair, and in Sophie's very thick hair we used about 17 rollers, but if you have thinner/fine hair you may need a lot less. The best method of application I find is to start at the front and go down the middle and then apply to the sides, using about 2 inch sections for each roller. Leave for about 1 to 2 hours (longer for more effect) and if your feeling a bit naughty blast with a hair dryer (not that I'm encouraging breaking your heat ban, but if you do, use a heat protectant ;) and uncurl the rollers slowly from the hair so you don't lose volume.

Et voila...


...and your left with big voluminous hair.

Hope this helped in some way, and check back for more in the heat free hair series :)

16 comments :

  1. those are the cutest lil pics ever!:) and you look so pretty on the last one!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh i love this, i need to try it!
    you hair looks great :) your very pretty!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Em- Thankyouu :)
    @Laura- hope you try it! :)

    Just to clarify- its my sister Sophie in the pictures :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there were Sallys beauty supplys in the UK!
    Loving these posts, I've put a strict no heat ban on my hair too, a post you did a while back encouraged me to keep going so I could grow my hair out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow her hair looks so amazing!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try this! The result is gorgeous. :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo your sisters hair looks fab! Will defo be giving this a try as I really want to cut down on the amount of heat damage I'm causing my hair. Love this little series your doing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sister's so pretty. & I'll definitely be trying this. :) xo
    ps, love the photos of male celebrities down the side of your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww such cute and funny pictures! my hair is very thick so i'd probably have to use a lot less rollers! what a great idea though, i will check this out ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow i love this!
    I'm trying to not use so much heat on my hair as I had to have quite a lot chopped off because of it :(
    I need to get myself some of these rollers :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Officially decided i need some massive rollers in my life, wish they didn't take so long though! Really fab post, love discovering new things to do with my hair & any heat-free methods would be great - excited for this series! :) Your sister's gorgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am such a big fan of rollers, and I love how it looks on your sister! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much volume <3 Love this post! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. definitely going to try this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. you have a new follower, love your blog :) your gorgeous!

    jessicaaasx.blogspot.com
    skinny-feels-good.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Olivia- I think we just call it Sally's, but its the same thing, i think :) Keep growing it out hun, good luck!

    @Holly- Thankyouu, i thought so too :)

    @Sophie- Hope you try it out!

    @Laura- Hope you like it, thought i was in need of a little series! ;)

    @Natalie- Hahaaa, thanks, my absolute favourite celebs ;)

    @sophie- my sisters hair is super thick too, so hopefully not too many more than her :)

    @ForeverGlitter- I had to get quite a lot chopped off too, the ends were a bit dead!

    @girlinthecity- Aw thanks, and yes its really helping the ends! :)

    @Laura xo- Agreed they are time consuming, but hopefully the hair dryer would speed them up a bit! :)

    @The Cat Hag- Thanks sweetie, glad you liked! :)

    @Summer- Thanks:)

    @mand- Your welcome! :)

    @Gem- Hope you do.. good luck!:)

    @BeautyBabiex- Thanks for following sweetie! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete