cream blush obsession!

Friday 22 July 2011

Lately, the one and only type of product that is allowed to colour my cheeks this summer has been cream blush, no matter the weather. Cream blush is my ultimate makeup weakness... as well as lipsticks and eyeshadows, ahem. I don't know what it is about the standard cream blush that makes it so superior to the bland and boring powder version. Maybe it's the dewy finish? The soft texture? Or maybe its the amazing pigmentation of colour in just one dab and then blend blend blend? But whatever the reason, cream blush is a daily necessity for me and I will not go without...

clockwise from top- Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels; MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush; Topshop Cream Blush in Neon Rose; NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Rose Petal

Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels & Neon Rose
Head Over Heels is the most beautiful, natural and buildable colour in blush that I own, and is an everyday staple for me in my makeup kit. Similarly, Neon Rose is also a beautiful colour although its excessive brightness means that I only pull it out of my collection on a daring day! The Topshop Cream Blushes dry to a powder finish so are not as dewy as others on the market however they last forever and look great with lip balm on the lips!

MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush
This is the perfect highlighter/subtle cheek colour on its own or can be layered with other blushes to give it a little more umph. I have already posted about this particular cream here and I am still very much in love with it.

NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Rose Petal
By far my favourite in my little cream blush collection, this has the perfect consistency for glowing, dewy cheeks and looks amazing on the cheeks everyday. Its blends perfectly, lasts ages and I cannot fault it! I am desperate to get more of these NYX Cream Blushes!

right to left- NYX; Topshop HOH; Topshop NR; MAC

There are a million and one more cream blushes that I still need to buy, such as MAC Something Special and NYX Glow, but hopefully they will all come in good time!

Whats your favourite cream blush!?

22 comments :

  1. I love cream blushes, a few of my favourites are: NYX Natural its a good dupe for Mac Ladyblush, Illamasqua Sob and Topshop Neon Rose :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just bought Head Over Heels & I love it!
    Defo going to try out some more from Toppers x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look like great swatches! Never tried a topshop creme blush so may have to test! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, the blushes ......
    pretty kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try Head over heels, it looks so pretty! Where do you buy your nyx products from? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of Topshop's Head Over Heels! My favourite Cream Blush is Topshop's Pinch though - It's a really bright pink colour!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that cream color base looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh I love cream blush, the NYX one looks really nice and I need to get that Topshop one and the Maybelline one and MAC Something Special and Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge and NARS Cream Blush... but I've banned myself from buying any more makeup :( x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cream blushes too! My current favourite is MAC's Ladyblush but I really want to try the NYX ones too :)
    http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving cream blush atm, I love Topshop head over heels but I also have Mac's So sweet so easy which is a very pretty pink! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Topshop's Head Over Heels is beyond gorgeous! I neeeeeeed it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to try some of those nyx blushes

    ReplyDelete
  14. The MAC one has to be my favourite :)

    http://ninety2wo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to try a cream blush but im slightly worried that it will just strip my foundation underneath - does this not happen? They all look gorgeous which id love to try! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never tried a cream blush before, may have to give it a go :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The ones you have are lovely. I'd like to try topshop cream blushes, as I've heard they're very nice, but I still haven't decided what shade I want (I'm thinking maybe head over heels...). I have two by nyx: natural and glow. They're both really good, but I think I prefer natural as it's easier to wear and well, more natural! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The NYX blushes are amazing aren't they. I have the same colour as you & love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've just came across your blog and fell in love with it! So ive just followed you ! I really should try cream blushes to create a better dewy finish! Please check my blog out :) Cory xxx
    littledashofspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha I have all of these! Blush twins! Except my NYX is in Glow, a pretty bright but beautiful shade if used sparingly!
    I love cream blushes too, contemplating splashing out on a Nars next time! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Claire- ohh i definitely need to try NYX Natural, sounds great!!

    @JustLikeJasper♥- Head over heels is sooo pretty, a dupe for MAC's Something Special as well!:)

    @Grace- They are lovely, thanks!:)

    @Tamsin- They have a great range of colours, just lovely!!

    @SandrHa OrtHer-Haha thanks, kisses back:P

    @DaintyMakeup- Its gorgeous! I got mine from Cheery Culture!:)

    @Paperbacks&Postcards- Sounds lovely il check it out!

    @Mary- It is so so beautiful haha:)

    @Kelly- Haha, when we have money we need to go cream blush shopping!:)

    @Beauty Writer- I want to try ladyblush but i think they changed the formula, so its not as nice :(

    @Summer Loren- Cream blush is definitely the way to go aha! I love Topshops blushes too!

    @Lauren- such a stunning colour, and is a dupe for MAC Something Special!!

    @bettzy93- They are the best i have tried so far!

    @Sophie- The MAC one is absolutely beautiful!

    @Hannah Kimberley- I've never had that happen! They all glide over foundation really well!:)

    @Lovelain94- Definitely do, they are fab!

    @Alícia- I am in love with the NYX ones, they are so hard to get in the UK though!:(

    @jordan- I adore the NYX ones, they are absolutely beautiful!

    @Ginge..x- Thanks sweetie, hope you try them!

    @JadeyLou- Haha yay, blush twinies! Ohh i want to try Glow, it looks gorgeous!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete