create!makeup

Monday 22 August 2011

Last Thursday I attended the Create! Makeup Workshop at the V&A museum in London, which was basically a day filled with makeup, makeup and just a little bit more makeup. The artist leading it was Mel Winning, who is a fantastic makeup artist, and during the workshop we had a little look around the theatre part of the museum, had a talk on makeup artistry from Mel and had a chance to practise our techniques on each other...

a replica of Kylie Minogue's actual dressing table on her Showgirl tour.

I attended the workshop with one of my friends, Kelly, who is also completely obsessed with makeup, who let me do her makeup, if a little reluctantly ;)


Overall it was a fantastic day and I learnt so much about makeup and the industry and it has made me wonder a little more about actually going into makeup as a proper career...

The workshop was £15 and I would highly reccomend attending one of the Create Workshops if you are interested in makeup or fashion! 

8 comments :

  1. This sounds FAB! I would love to go to something like this and it looks like you has a great time! Shame I live a little too far away, loved hearing about your day though (with envy) ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting! The makeup you did looks amazing, very editorial x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the V&A museum a little while ago and the theatre section was the best part by miles - spent ages just staring at Kylies dressing room :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you did her makeup so well! It looks very pretty. I love the dresses too. My favorite is the breakfas/diner one

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun. I like the makeup you did on her, the lips expesh. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks amazing! i like the makeup look you created:)

    www.theitgirl44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lovelain94- Aww shame you live a while away, you never know maybe they do something similar in your area!:)

    @Fern- Thankyou sweetie, i was actually quite proud of it, but poor kelly wasnt too pleased haha;)

    @Fudgesmoothies- Haha, me too, i was looking at all her little products!:)

    @Life of a girl called hawaiianpunchelsea- The breakfast dress was so interesting haha, i think it was meant for pantos and things:)

    @Jodie- Thankyou hun, i loved doing her makeup!

    @Rebeccaboo- Aww thankyou hun
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I can't believe it only cost £15! Looks like a brilliant day.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete