saying no to nude lips.

Friday 19 August 2011

Left-Right; Sleek Makeup True Colour Lipstick in OMG, Barry M Lip Paint in 53 Coral, Rimmel Lipstick in Nude Pink, Barry M Lip Paint in 147 Peachy Pink, Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Peaches&Cream

I've always been a nude kinda girl. Not in the literal sense of the word, (I do try my best to keep clothes on 99% of the time, I promise!) but I am a sucker for a good 'ole nude lipstick. You name it, I love it; Gosh Darling, MAC Hue, ELF Natural Nymph; they are the holy grails of my collection, my precious babies, which until recently I could not go a day without.

But it seems I'm going mad, because ever since a few months ago I have bizarrely been reaching more often than not for the bright, scary, bold colours in my collection... and loving it.

Maybe its the summer sun getting to my head, or the fact that every lip colour looks a million times better on me when I have a tan, but there's something about colourful lips that draws me in. The lipsticks above are some of my all time favourite 'brights', with Sleek Peaches&Cream being the best of the best!

I expect that as winter draws in and the days get colder, these summery lipsticks will get relegated to the back of my collection, ready to collect dust until rediscovered next spring, but for now... bring on the brights!

17 comments :

  1. I am totally with you, I've been the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely gorgeous! I still can't find a nude that suits me, so brights are obvs. the new nude! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i need to add a few of these to my collection! :)
    http://essiebeex.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I exactly the same I love nudes... I don't feel like any other colours really suit me... may have to have a rethink xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be exactly the same and only wear nude lips but I soon realised that it didn't suit me at all, brights are definitely best!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohh i love them all!:)
    please take a look at my beauty blog-
    www.theitgirl44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post hannah, i have rimmel nude pink, at first i wasn't so sure but not i love it - still not too keen on the frost finish of it though! The sleek lipstick in OMG looks just like barry m pillarbox red, i love that lipstick! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of sleek omg, might have to purchase that, and the rimmel, and the rest ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean, I tend to stick to coral lipsticks and I want to step out my comfort zone :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Sleek red lipstick looks gorgeous. I've been reaching for brighter colours too lately, I think the (very slight) tan that I've somehow managed to get makes them look slightly less standout compared to my pale skin! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just went down and saw chuck bass and fell in love all over again...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post! <3 I really like the lipstick you've picked out. I want to start wearing bright lipsticks too, they are so nice! Really like your blog, I'm totally following.

    http://thedollhousediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that everybody is a nude kind of girl deep down (not, as you say, in the literal sense!)
    I love nude lipsticks, I love the way they look so natural, yet you feel 'covered', or so 'un-nude'!
    Im not making any sense, I apologise.
    Lovely blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love a bit of bright lipstick. :) I almost never wear a proper 'nude' lipstick, always toned down pinks! It's awesome that you're braving bringing out the brights! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Yu- Haha, its definitley nice to shake things up a bit!

    @Jenny- Haha, nude are pretty hard to wear sometimes, hard to avoid that 'concealor lips' look!

    @Essie- I think you do too;)

    @Lovelain94- I know what you mean, i find it soooo hard to suit brights when im more pale!

    @Holly- Hun, every lip colour looks great on you! haha:)

    @rebeccaboo- Thankyou:)

    @Fern- I wasnt too keen at first either, it is a little frosty but i love the colour!!:)

    @Jodie- Sleek OMG is literally omg when you wear it haha!:)

    @Natalie- I love rimmer tooo:)

    @Amy- always good to step out of the comfort zone and be a bit daring!:)

    @LilyLipstick- Haha, me too, the tan definitely helps them look a little more natural and less in your face!:)

    @Anya- Its beautiful!

    @Amy McDonnell- Haha, ohh i fall in love again everytime i scroll down my blog haha!

    @Summer- Hope you try out some brights!:)

    @Dolly Daydream- Definitely, nudes are my comfort zone, i love them!:)

    @Laura- Haha, i love toning down pinks with nides!:) And of course im a bit of a nude nude girl at heart!:)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete