donuts are a girl's best friend.

Friday 28 October 2011

I'm looking super ginge in these pictures! Unfortunately just a product of over used flash more than actual hair colour!

Donuts. Although they are the most delicious snacks in the world, the humble donut can also be a hair saviour in the styling world.

I bought this mesh donut from Primark, £2, a while ago and have been recently really appreciating its life saving properties! A device which needs dirty, messy hair to work into a extremely sophisticated style...? Yes please!

It takes two minutes- a little backcombing after shoving the hair up into a high ponytail is all that is required to stuff the ring around the pony and evenly distribute the hair around, and its a saviour for girls like me who have such fine hair that a bun of this magnitude was completely out of the question before.

There's something about this type of neat, rounded bun that screams Audrey Hepburn to me, and I've recently been a bit drawn to Tiffany's to eat a spot of toast.

The only downside I find to these hair donuts is the ever prominent fear that parts of the mesh will be visible under the hair, especially if you have very fine hair like me! I live in fear that people will discover my hair secret with random bits of mesh sticking out from my perfect bun... but hey, that's what bobby pins were made for!

These little rings are my new best friend when dealing with unruly, dirty locks and are amazing cheap at just £2... winning! :)

12 comments :

  1. Mesh donuts are great for easy buns!:D

    I use bobby pins and hairspray to keep the mesh hidden inside the bun.;D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bun looks great! I love my hair donut but also get paranoid that the mesh is sticking through my bun. Lots of backcombing first helps! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the one in brown for primark and I love it! I have to have all my hair scraped back for work and this stops me looking like a right idiot! hehe My new favourite hair accessory! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have really fine hair too and my buns tend to look ridiculous! i definitely need to get myself one of these :) and hannah, you look lovely as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want try one of these, it would be a bit of a departure for me as I dont ten to do much to my hair, I would always spend the extra time on my make up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been dying for one, after finding that my Whirl A Style isn't perfect for a donut.. your donut looks amazing, must pick one up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to wear these when I was little for ballet:) it makes your hair look really pretty!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought one of these last week, have yet to wear it out of the house, I keep on worrying that half of my hair will spring free and reveal the attractive mesh hehe!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've wanted one for so long! I need to get myself onexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooooh, i want one!!! i have really fine hair too, and i love to put my hair in a bun especially when it gets super hot here in california. but since i have fine hair, i end up with a little bump instead of a beautiful bun like yours, haha. ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought one of these, they are so handy :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this kind of haistyle :)

    www.mlncrd.com

    ReplyDelete