the brush roll.

Sunday 1 April 2012

 L-R; Argos Blush Brush, ELF Blush Brush, ELF Complexion Brush, ELF Powder Brush, Real Techniques Blush Brush

L-R;  ELF Angled Contour Blush, Argos Angled Brush, Argos Brow Definer, ELF Eye Crease Brush, ELF Small Angled Brush, No7 Eyeshadow Blend and Contour Brush, ELF Defining Eye Brush, ELF Blending Eye Brush, No7 Eyeshadow Blend and Contour Brush, Hello Kitty Flat Brush and Blending Brush

Sigma Miss Taylor Kabuki, Face Sponges, Cotton Wool Buds

My brush roll is an object very close to my heart. I am forever rearranging, shuffling and substituting brushes in and out according to my changing needs, and at the moment I am content with all my little brushes lined up in order of use.

As you can see, my preferred brush brand is ELF, who offer extremely affordable but good quality brushes which are easy to get a hold of. Although I do find after multiple washes the Studio range (black handles) tend to become wobbly, its nothing a bit of duct tape cant fix and otherwise I cant fault their lovely soft bristles! Another of my favourites are from a random old set of Argos brushes I received many years ago when my makeup obsession was just rearing its head, but those brushes have lasted all this times- now that's a sign of a good brush!

I am hoping to invest in a few more of the Real Techniques brushes soon and I'm thinking about getting the Core Collection next, as the blush brush I recently purchased is now a must have in my collection!

Obviously I don't have a need for each and every one of these brushes in my everyday makeup routine, but its always nice to have a few extra lying around in case some emergency blending/makeup recovery is needed!

What are your must have brushes?


P.S. Sorry if anyone has received any spam email from my hanna_b123@hotmail.co.uk account, this was a spammer hacking into my account, which has now been suspended, so my new email address is hannahbiggerstaff@gmail.com, my apologies if you received any random emails from me!

17 comments :

  1. I really want to expand my brush collection, the real techniques core collection is definitely on my list! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are absolutely lovely quality brushes! And such good value:) xx

      Delete
  2. I love Real Techniques brushes - definitely my favourite brushes at the moment.
    Could I ask where you got your brush roll from? I've been looking for a good brush roll for ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing! I need to get a few more!
      I actually got it from argos, with a whole load of brushes for like £10 about 5 years ago though so im not sure if they will have it anymore xx

      Delete
  3. I just bogutht eh real techniques blush brush and its soo soft!
    The core collection is amazing too:)

    rufflesandlace44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny thing. I got that exact same brush set many years ago and actually just found the empty brush roll today!, I agree completley they are some of the best brushes I own and a still going strong! FABULOUS! I love the ELF studio brushes too. Just goes to show you don't need to break the bank for great quality brushes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that little argos set, they were such good brushes haha! Definitely don't need to break the bank for lovely brushes! xx

      Delete
  5. Ah I have some serious admiration for your brush organisation, mine are all currently heaped into my make up bag in a huge mess haha! I quite like the ELF ones, too, but I find they shed a lot after a few uses :/ real techniques brushes are definitely on my to-buy list, though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa, it takes a lot of effort to keep mine neat, i get bored and dump them around my room haha! xx

      Delete
  6. I'm in serious need of further brush investment! All my favourites are beginning to fall apart :( I might give ELF brushes a go. Thanks! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elf have some lovely ones, although i find after a while the heads go a bit wobbly haha! But for £3.50 who can complain?! xx

      Delete
  7. Great collection! I love Elf brushes, so affordable but do the job very well!

    Drea @ Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete