a model collection.

Friday 13 April 2012

Models Own makeup has never really been a ‘must have’ in my books, and as the Boots store I work in doesn't actually stock the brand (sob sob!) I don't come into contact with the brand much! So on a little trip into my local town it was a shock discovering how astonishingly perfect their nail polish colours were! On various trips to scout out more colours I have accumulated quite a collection…

 Lemon Meringue, Utopia, Misty Grey, Champagne, Blooboo, Aqua Violet

The thing I adore most about the polishes is not the shade range – although it is pretty amazing for a high street brand!- but its the opacity of the polishes. Even the pale colours are perfectly opaque in 2 coats, sometimes even one, and the formulas seem to last amazingly well on the nails. My absolute favourite at the moment is Blooboo, there's just something about ‘blue tac’ nails for spring that really does it for me!

I am a little bit in love with Models Own at the minute and am definitely considering expanding my collection, what are your favourite shades from their collection?

31 comments :

  1. They have such an amazing shade range, I love every single one that you own, definitely need some Model's own polishes in my life at one point xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Models Own my favourites are a few of yours too Utopia, Champagne, Bloo Bloo I also love Pastel Pink, Lilac Dream Felling Blue they have so many gorgeous shades :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to check those ones out, im in love with Models Own! xx

      Delete
  3. Im wearing Blooboo on my nails at the moment, and I love the colour!xo
    I really want some of the new Hed Kandi range too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love models own, peach fuzz is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coral reef, top turquoise and lilac dream. Models own is my favourite nail polish brand, along with barry m :)

    new blog: fernalicelaura.blogspot.com


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all sound fab, i'll have to check them out! xx

      Delete
  6. Bloo Boo looks beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love models own too, but only own a few - I definitely need more in my collection. Champagne looks lovely xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im hoping to add to my collection soon haha! xx

      Delete
  8. I've heard utopia is meant to be lovely but can never find it anywhere! :( you should add disco mix to your collection next if you love glitter :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its gorgeous, such a lovely lilac colour! Disco mix is looking amazing on all the blog reviews! xx

      Delete
  9. Models own is my favourite brand for nail varnishes, I find they do the best colours - OPI is good but they just don't have the right shade (which sounds so odd because they are basically identical) haha.

    Jessie
    coppergarden.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Models own are just amazeballs! haha, i've never tried OPI but i definitely will the future! xx

      Delete
  10. I lovee these colours! Juicy jules by models own has got to be one of my favourite nail polishes :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Bloo Boo too! It takes forever to dry for me, though, so I rarely whip it out :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh no! I don't really have that problem, i use Seche Vite topcoat which dries super quick!:) xx

      Delete
  12. I think bubblegum has to be my favourite colour of all time, closely followed by pink punch :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Utopia is so pretty :)

    http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. From the photo Champagne is my favourite. Is it rose gold though? It seems to have a rosy colour to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmm i guess you could say so, although not as rose gold as some polishes iv seen xx

      Delete
    2. Damn shame. I've been on the hunt for a while. Any recommendations?

      Delete
    3. accessorize does a lovely one! do you have that is australia?xx

      Delete
  15. Champagne seems to be a gorgeous colour :)

    www.mlncrd.com

    ReplyDelete