tan central

Wednesday 16 May 2012


Being a milky white pale child for the best part of the year, summer is about the only time when I actually have the patience/motive to perfect a tan as the sun appears. When I say tan I really mean an off-white type colour, which is the only shade my skin seems to achieve, even after the most vigorous application of tan!

I tend to stick to moisturisers with a little bit of tan included, which is why at the moment I'm slightly in love with Garnier Summer Body in Dark. After about 3 applications it builds up a lovely glow that even shows up on me, although no doubt the Light version of this would be a struggle to build up at all! The smell is bearable- apparently of apricots, which inevitably turns to biscuits by the morning, but its not the worst smelling tan I've tried by far!

I also occasionally use the much-loved St Moritz Self Tanning Lotion or Mousse, which is also a lovely cheap option which gives a subtle glow to the skin, but is extremely drying so a heavy duty moisturiser is a must here!

For my face, I picked up the Vita Liberata Silken Facial Self Tan for a fiver on sale at Boots, and am loving the colour it gives me! As I'm forever exfoliating my face with Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish no facial tan will ever last very long on my face, and as this is more a hint of colour/moisturiser type formula rather than a full on tan in one go kinda thing, its perfect for just before bed to give me a little glow in the morning. However I am seriously considering trying out the Clarins Facial Tan once this little tube dies a sad death!

So that's my tanning routine all done and dusted. I do find tanning tedious and smelly and just generally annoying but I love feeling a little bit more colourful and healthy, while also not subjecting my skin to unnecessary ageing in the sun!

Have a lovely week, and good luck to all those with exams, I feel your pain!

15 comments :

  1. I really want to try the garnier one, as i am too very pale! I also find the St Moritz really drying, and a bit of a pain when it is coming off..
    lovely blog you have :-)
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, St Moriz is soooo drying, so the Garnier one is perfect for me!:) xx

      Delete
  2. I love the dove gradual tanner in dark, it gives me a really nice tan!
    I've been looking for a facial tanner and didn't know any good ones, so I might just try your recommendations!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find a great facial one, they are hard to come by!!
      I have liked the Dove gradual tanner in the past, although the Garnier one just smells so lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. i realllyyy want to try a moisuriser with tanning stuff in it but i just dont know if i dare! can you tell when you've put it on and does it go patchy or anything? :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you can't tell where you put it, but trust me its pretty easy, just rub it in like you would be giving yourself a massage or something! And i've never had the garnier one go patchy on me! Hope you try it out! xxx

      Delete
  4. I've just bought the dark version of the Garnier one - I had the Light one and it smells so nice on application and keeps me well moisturised but as a tanner it was barely effective. And I am SUPER pale, like vampire sun-reflective pale, so I found it really surprising it made barely any difference. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, i feel your pain, most tanners do not come out on my pale skin at all! But the dark version of this seems to give me a nice colour when i need it! xx

      Delete
  5. I'm quite light as well so I've never used a proper instant self tanner because I'm so afraid it'll make me go orange, etc. I'm like you and prefer gradual tanners. Xen Tan does a lovely one and it smells like vanilla cake! I also love the St Tropez Naturals Radiance Self Tan for face. After about 3 days I have a gorgeous subtle glow. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh the Xen tan one sounds amazing! Who wouldn't want to smell like vanilla cake? ;) xxx

      Delete
  6. Garnier light is really effective but my skin is oil. I suffered with tan and due to an incredible tan lotion i recovered my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've wanted a post like this for a while now from someone! I'm defiantly going to try the garnier one :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, fantastic, hope it helped, let me know if you like it!:) xxx

      Delete