24.7

Friday 31 May 2013

Uzi - Zero - Demolition - Smog - Empire - Mainline

Urban Decay pencils have suddenly catapulted themselves onto my makeup horizons, and oh my are they delicious! Previously my absolute favourite eye pencil spot was devoted to my fabulous Avon Supershock liners, yet these have shoved Avon's offering off the top spot and stolen the crown. Our love affair started when I received the shade Bourbon for Christmas and continued into the new year as I treated myself to the Urban Decay Smoked 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set, on LookFantastic for half price! £16 for 6 liners is a ridiculous bargain, but alas it seems to have gone out of stock (possibly limited edition?) but the eyeliners are very much available individually here.

The formulation of these is really something to write home about; soft, creamy, and packs a punch in the pigmentation department as well as being pretty damn long lasting on the eye. I think classing yourself as 24/7 is setting yourself up for a fall UD, but these last around 6 hours on my rather oily lids, before they start to look a little lacklustre, and are also very nice on the waterline.

My favourite shade of the bunch is Smog, a stunning golden brown, reminiscent of my absolute favourite discontinued Avon liner in Bronze which has now been reduced to just a stub, but Smog is the perfect replacement for a warm everyday subtle eye. Demolition (dark, matte brown) and Zero (matte black) are perfect for smoking up the eye line, and for summer Mainline and Empire are gorgeous smudged along the lower eye. My least favourite of the bunch, Uzi , imparts a little too much glitter for my liking but is lovely if you're looking for a little glitz in your life!

Overall, a big thumbs up from me and I am seriously looking forward to expanding my collection... any colour recommendations?!

bloglovin' . twitter . tumblr . instagram . pintrerest

18 comments :

  1. These look amazing! Smog looks gorgeous. xx

    www.jessicaroseturner.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners but I am forever losing them! My favourite is Graffiti cause I'm a sucker for greens. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really tried green eyeliner, but that sounds interesting, may have to give it a go! xx

      Delete
  3. I love these eyeliners! I have zero and I'm definitely going to try and get my hands on smog next, it's gorgeous!

    hhtp://stylebrunchxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to repurchase Smog already i use it sooo much! xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the post, they all look like such wearable colours.

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these look so nice!
    I really like your blog by the way, I follow you now (:

    xx www.ocean-hearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great set - I have the shade Zero :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete