heat free hair: soft, easy waves

Monday 6 June 2011

Having fine, flat hair and not using heat is normally a complete disaster and my hair is very difficult to work with when I do absolutely nothing to it. Consequently, I have developed a range of different methods of styling my hair using the technique of leaving damp hair to dry into a style. There are a million different ways I use to create waves and volume in my hair, which I have posted about here and here (queue completely cringey-old post!) but this method is the one that I am liking at the moment:


After washing and towel drying my hair until its about 80% dry I scrunch in some volumising mousse (I use the Avon one) and plonk all my hair onto the top of my hair into a messy bun and leave it to dry overnight.



In the morning when taking out said 'messy bun' I am left with completely uncontrollable, scary-mary hair. One of the perils of having majorly fine hair is that it can get a little over excited and go even more crazy than regular hair! But never fear, my solution to this problem...


... is to twist my hair all over the head. Sounds strange and like it wouldn't effect the texture of the hair at all, but I find that just twisting each side of my hair a few times and then releasing tames the wild side of it down and leaves soft pretty waves...


 
So there you go, my method for heat free waves!
 
  Stay tuned for Part 3 of my Heat Free Hair series in which I'll be reviewing my favourite products for volumised hair! ♥


20 comments :

  1. OH MY GOD I HAVE TO TRY THE TWISTING METHOD! My hair goes crazy after being in a bun too! You look beautiful btw xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this tonight! I use the garnier fructis styling mousse, I can never get over how much volume mousse gives my hair :'D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great method! My naturally wavy hair luckily just falls into place once I've done a bun :p x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow good idea! I'm in need of more heat free hair styles so i'll definitely be giving this a go (:,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing, can't wait for my hair to grow a bit more so I can try this out! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great hun. You really suit your hair like that :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so easy!
    xo -Mallory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent post! Would never haver thought to twist my hair like that! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fabbbbb! Usually try the bun-method, but i've never done the twisting part! Will indeed have to try it. :) Lovely post my dear & i'm looking forward to more of these! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks fab! Great idea I'm gonna have to try this as I really want to stop using heat on my hair :/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I do the bun trick too, but I never knew about the "twisting" part! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that looks lush! im loving the beach waves at the mo. very summery look, and so easy too!!

    http://ceilyglanville.blogspot.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always put my hair in a bun when it's damp and like yours, it goes crazzzy! I am so glad you posted about the twisting part, I will definitely be giving that a go soon! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this post, such a simple and effective solution to crazy topknot hair! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. it looks so lovely, and i love the colour of your hair too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, thanks for the comment :] I'm glad you found the post interesting! I think you'll love psychology; the teachers are great! :] x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely! My hair is so hard to manage! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty <3 My hair is the same as yours, I'm really excited to try this out :)

    http://thedollhousediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. so pretty ! love ur hair :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Shabna- Haha, i hope it helped! Its a lifesaver for me!:)

    @Olivia- I know what you mean, mousse is just amazing for building volume!:)

    @Jenny- Ohh lucky thing! I wish i had wavy hair!:)

    @Holly- I hope it helped! The twisting trick really helps me! And i cant wait to try phycology! :)

    @ForeverGlitter- im sure it would work on shorter hair too!:)

    @Nicola- Thankyou hun! I love wearing my hair wavy!

    @Mallory Taylor- It really is! :)

    @*Zoe*- Its actually a really good tip, it really calms the hair down! :)

    @Laura xo- Ohh i love your hair Laura- so jealous haha! :)

    @Charlotte- Stopping using heat is definately a really good thing for less split ends! :)

    @G A B Y- Hope i helped! The twisting really helps to just tame the hair a bit!

    @ Ceily- Definately beachy waves are perfect for summer!

    @Joy- I know what you mean, sometimes mine comes out of the bun as an afro- not a good look for me haha!

    @Jasmin- Haha definately, crazy topnot hair is scary!!

    @Fern- Thankyou hun! My hair colours really weird- it cant make up it mind whether it wants to be blonde or brown! :)

    @Anna- So is mine hun, dont worry! ;)

    @Summer- Ohh i really hope it helps you out a bit! :)

    @Kheira- Thankyou hun!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete