Goodbye, Farewell

Thursday 18 July 2013


The evening before Prom, we also had a Leavers Dinner to say goodbye to the school which was practically my second home for the last 7 years. While it still completely freaks me out that I will only be returning there once more (for exam results, no less!) I love any opportunity for a new dress and this pale nude maxi from Miss Selfridge possibly tops the stakes as my new favourite item of clothing. It has a lace overlay and I paired it with a snakeskin clutch bag and some simple nude sandals. The hair was hot rollered and lacquered to the max, using my BaByliss Thermo Ceramic Hot Rollers, which seriously create curls which last. The individual lashes were cracked out once again and paired with a smokey brown eye and my trusty old favourite MAC Hue on the lips. The dinner was a mixture of sad goodbyes, hilarious pictures from our younger years and drunk teachers making fools of themselves.

On our actual last day of school were all dressed up as characters in the theme of Childhood, and I so very imaginatively dressed as a doll, which gave me the perfect opportunity for some makeup madness. I used a very similar lash concept as I posted about here which turned out to be both terrifying and very uncomfortable, but perfect doll eyes... 

The Wicked Witch of the West, Glinda the Good Witch, Dorothy and one very misplaced doll!

bloglovin' . twitter . tumblr . instagram . pintrerest

18 comments :

  1. I love the dress you wore to prom! Very simple yet so elegant! I love the makeup, too!

    xo runbarbierun.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou sweetie! Thats why i love it too, just so simple and so affordable as well, it was only around £35!xx

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous! Love the dress! I was so sad at my leavers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely! I was so sad too, but i dont think its actually hit me that im never going back yet! xx

      Delete
  3. You all look beautiful, your dress is gorgeous.

    Check out my blog :)

    anasofiachic.blogspot.co.uk
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stunning is that dress! I can definitely understand why it is becoming your favourite item. It is beautiful, especially with the contrast of the snake clutch. I remember my leavers being so emotional, a rather long time ago now though.

    chelseyxlou.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty emotional! Thankyou for the lovely comment! xxx

      Delete
  5. I love your dress, it looks beautiful (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your friends look lovely! I wore this dress to my actual prom with a pair of heels - I love how you have made it more versatile with flats. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh i bet it is lovely in heels, i just could be bothered with the feel ache haha! xx

      Delete
  7. Wow, you looked so pretty! That dress is beautiful! Reminds me of when I had my leavers and how emotional yet amazing the last few weeks were! Love the Twiggy-esque doll makeup aswell :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely! It was pretty emotional and its so weird thinking i will never go back! xx

      Delete
  8. I love your dress, it´s so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did wonder what the theme for Stand Down was this year - couldn't work it out at all from the pictures I saw, haha! Great dress for Leavers, it's stunning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes our year was so so unorganised and we just managed to please everyone with 'childhood', a little vague but everyone got to be what they wanted lol! xx

      Delete