prom season

Sunday 21 July 2013

Prom season is one of my favourite times of the year. Beautiful dresses, dancing and lots and lots of makeup makes me really nostalgic for my year 11 prom a couple of years ago, and this year I was able to reminisce to the extreme as I helped one of my best friend's little sister get ready for her own prom. Shivani wore a bright red dress so we kept her makeup simple; gold smoked out eyes, glowey cheeks and nude lips, and her favourite humongous lashes from New Look!

My absolute favourite part of the makeup I did on her were the cheeks; Shiv never usually wears blush but a wash of Topshop Cream Blush in Neon Rose over the apples of her cheeks looked stunning on her and  I topped it off with MAC Hush Creme Colour Base... an old but much loved favourite! On the eyes we used Laura Mercier Artist Palette and ran a little colour through her brows to define and shape her face.

She has the most beautiful hair so after running a little product through it to tame any frizz we ended up doing waterfall braids down the sides of her hair which looked beautiful!

Anyone else feeling a little bit prom nostalgic!?
bloglovin' . twitter . tumblr . instagram . pintrerest

2 comments :