Summer Ballin'

Friday 4 July 2014

Dress - Miss Selfridge   Necklace - H&M   Sandals - New Look   Watch - Marc Jacobs

So, it's been a while.
The last year has been a whirlwind of starting univeristy, freshers, work, exams, and alcohol. So. Much. Alcohol. Blogging, and normal life, was relegated to the side as I focused all my efforts on attempting to pass first year while maintaining a regular sleeping pattern... which was damn near impossible. Summer ball was the big occasion at the end of term to celebrate exam results and successfully finishing the first year of university...

In true tall girl fashion I boycotted the heels in favour of some ultra comfy sandals which didn't look too noticeable under the slightly too short dress (which was originally my much shorter sisters). It is one shouldered and navy blue with a sheer skirt, and while super simple it is actually one of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe. I paired it with a delicate bar necklace in gold and my old faithful Marc Jacobs rose gold watch.

Massive curls were required so I used my Babyliss Waving Wand and then pinned the curls up for a half hour while they cooled, letting the pins out to huge voluminous curls which I clipped up the front of. Of course, as with all special occasions, the Ardell individual lashes were cracked out for sufficient flutter that lasted all night, and my lips were uber simple with YSL lipstick in 30 for a natural pop of colour.

Have a good weekend guys, hopefully I will be returning to regular blogging very soon!

bloglovin' . twitter . tumblr . instagram . pintrerest

4 comments :

  1. Your hair and makeup look amazing! You look so lovely!!
    Hope you had a lovely time!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow you look amazing! Love the lashes x x x

    www.fernlaura.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete