Total Lush Virgin!

Saturday 23 October 2010

Many a time over the last few years have I heard the term 'Lush-a-holic' used as part of a blogger's sentence, and every time I heard that phase I wondered just what was the big deal about LUSH?!
My inexperienced brain just couldn't get my head around why people would get excited over shower gel, dizzy over soap and ballistic over bath bombs?

Until now.

Now it seems that every time I read a blog devoted to the legend that is Lush or watch a rave all about the infamous shop, my longing to own one off their elusive products heightens. It was only recently that this Lush-mania came over me, and now it seems that every day I am clicking through their website, sifting through reviews, looking for that perfect Lush product to quench my Lush thirst. 

The sad thing is, I have yet to actually try anything.

I know, I know, what an absolute travesty! For months now I have been walking past Lush in my local shopping center, not taking a blind bit of notice, but now it has me drooling at the windows, ready to buy buy buy. But I must restrain myself, there's a recession on you know!

OK, so the recession may be over, but my money worries are far from gone. As we approach Christmas (which is precisely 62 days away, eeek!), I find myself scraping the very last pennies from the bottom of my, to be frank, extremely light purse, just to purchase that perfect winter accessory I want need.

So back to the point, I just can't afford to let myself loose in Lush, however amazing it smells or however luring those multicoloured bath bombs are. I have to restrain myself and wait for Christmas, when I promise myself a treat and a free pass in Lush.

However this self imposed spending ban doesn't count for window shopping right? So here's a few of my most lusted after Lush items...

Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel

Of course, Lush's best selling product although its only on sale for 3 months a year, I have to have this. What can I say? I'm a glitter-fiend!
 
Lush Twilight Bath Ballistic

Anything with the name twilight I am almost certain to love.
 
Lush Fresh Farmacy

Spots be gone (hopefully) with this gorgeous cleanser!
 
Lush Charlotte Island Body Tint

Because in winter we all need a bit of a glow!

Comforter Bubble Bar

...and we all need a little extra comfort during those winter months :)


*click for picture links*

Do any of you lovely ladies have any lush-tastic recommendations for me when I finally make my first order?!?

26 comments :

  1. christmas eve bubble bar! my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twilight smells SO GOOD, I love it! And the Comforter bubble bar is my favorite :) So in my opinion you've got a good wish list there haha. Let us know when you buy some things! I need to go there myself to check out the new Christmas items, I wasn't into Lush yet last year at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your lush cherry needs to be well and truly popped! i definitely reccomend the comforter, avobath bath ballistic is also really nice :D,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you can always be super cheeky and go in to a store and ask for some samples :)
    Some stores are lovely and will give you some, especially if you're new and not sure what will suit you.
    If you like pink and glitter try get hold of Flosty Gritter (soon to be discontinued) and some of the Christmas items are a must!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow Fairy is a must have! I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have to get snow fairy! its amaaaazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have yet to purchase any Lush products but seeing so many reviews stating their awesomeness makes me want to buy a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looooooooooove snow fairy, it smells just like peardrops! Rockstar soap is one of my faves too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I couldn't imagine never owning anything from Lush. I love it. If you buy things online, ask for samples ;) Another tip: On boxing day last year there was a buy one get 2 free offer on the christmas gifts, so you could save yourself lots of money that way.

    Hope that helps!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree with Sophie, what does it feel like to be a LUSH virgin? I can NOT imagine it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a piece of Lush Fresh Farmacy you can have for free if you want? I used the cleanser for months and had some pieces as back-ups but I don't use it anymore so this piece is just going to waste. If you want it just email me at sabraroseblog@gmail.com and we'll sort it out. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post love, I'm so happy I'm not the only lush virgin!! I will be keeping an eye on this post as I want to make a lush purchase soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i recommend the rockstar soap, it smells amazing! i also heard the bubblegum lip scrub is pretty good too

    ReplyDelete
  14. I only really like the bath bombs etc, I'm allergic to a lot of the other stuff they have :-(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to try the Charlotte island body tint to! I love snow fairy but if you happen to go into lush and they dont have it, try godmother soap it smells exactly the same I love it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. they all look so pretty1
    i dont know if they still do it anymore, but i have a lush iridescent glitterbug that you rub over yourself and you go all glittery, its so cute!
    xxx

    www.suyinsays-suyinloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love lush! I need snow fairy! They also make amazing room air freshers and in your clothes drwas haha makes everything smell yummy! You need to get candy cane bubble bar.. Addicted to it! smells amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE Lush! Some products you have to try out!: Comforter bubble bar, Snow Fairy shower gel, Butterball bath bomb, & Rockstar soap :) I have to try out some of their newer products, they look absolutely fab! Can't wait for you to finally try a bit of Lush, i know you'll love it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Kaitlyn- Oh, just the name sounds lovely! :)

    @Jennifer- Oh well il definately pick up Twilight and then do a blog on my lush haul when i finally get some things :)

    @Holly- Haha, i really need to get some Lush things, i feel so left out of the Lush bubble hehe! :)

    @Jessica- Wow, i may try that and be super cheeky!

    @May- I cant wait to get it!

    @Rachael-Definately going to get it!

    @Aimee- Haha, me too, sounds amazing!

    @Fern- I NEED Snow Fairy in my life!!

    @Sophie- Ohh thanks for the tips!!

    @Louisa- Haha, i really need to get some Lush in my life!

    @SabraRose- Aww thankyou that would be so sweet of you, il email you :)

    @Dollface- Hhaha, we both need to get some Lush, let me know when you make your first purchase!!

    @Beauty♕Ambition★- Ohh i want the rockstar soap! And the lip scrub, i want everything!!

    @Rachel- Oh no thats such a shame :(

    @" A beauty blogger named Justine "- Thanks for the tip! I'l definately try and get Snow Fairy!

    @Suyinsays- That sounds amazing! I want it!:)

    @girlinthecity- Ohh sounds lovely, i need to check it out!

    @Nicola-x- Ohh ok i will be picking it up!:)

    @Laura xo- Haha, i want all of them!! :)

    Thankyou for all your recommendations girls! I'll hopefully get some Lush things this week if im lucky! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait to see you first Lush haul Hannah! I think I will feel like a proud big sister :) Lol! You have to get the comforter, I repurchased one today and it just made me realise how amazing it is! The smell of it is beautiful (like berry sherbet). Creamy Candy Bubble bar is another good one, I like the Bubble Bars as you can get more than one use out of them, whereas the Ballistics you can only use once. But if you fancy a Ballistic Butterball is fab, makes your skin super soft :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore lush but I dont think i could recommend any specific products because i honestly dont think there's a single product i've not liked! Hope you really enjoy whatever you order...i find the lush products are usually a real treat to use so save them for a nice relaxing bath when you can actually savour them!! :)

    http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a complete lush junkie - Just go in and ask one of the SA what would suit your skin as they picked out completely different product for me than the ones i thought would suit me & definately look at the ballistics - I love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Vivianna- Aww your so cute! :) Ohh i want all of those! Cant wait for my first order! Thankyou for the recommendations! :)

    @All Made Up- Ohh thats great, hopefully whatever i order will be lovely then, cant wait! :)

    @..R May A..- Ohh thanks for the tip! I'll definately go and ask, im so excited! hehe

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ilove lush so much! Everytime i see posts about them i always want a bath! lol

    Now following you :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Victoria India- Haha, me too!! Even though i hardly ever have baths hehe!! xx

    ReplyDelete