Holiday Essentials

Monday 16 September 2013


So we are already midway through September and summer has pretty much waved goodbye for another year. To get away from England's slightly bipolar end of season weather I jetted off to Lanzarote with my family and after a few packing disasters, a lot of forgotten products and much borrowing from my beloved sister, I whittled my holiday beauty products down to a perfect fit!

Stand outs were Origins Zero Oil Cleanser, a sample which has lasted me a good couple of holidays, and cuts through any tough to remove facial sunscreen leftovers leaving my face squeaky clean. On my face I was using La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL, SPF 50 which left me burn free at the end of the week. One problem I alway encounter with this product is the white cast it leaves over my skin making me look even more washed out, so I pair this with Origins VitaZing Moisturiser which has both a tint and SPF, double whammy. This was my ultimate favourite product this holiday as somehow I managed to forgot foundation so used this as a super light and glowy base in the evenings, paired with a swirl of Nars Laguna Bronzer all over the higher points of my face and a touch of Sleek Pout Polish in Electro Peach on the lips.

In terms of sun protection, I love The Sun Mousse, a very weird formula which is super easy to apply and one application usually lasts me all day. While it is difficult to spread, it doesn't leave me sticky and uncomfortable as other brands such as Nivea and Garnier have in the past. I also relied on my Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning to add some colour to my otherwise very pasty complexion, as for some reason I am resistant to developing a tan!

What were your holiday essentials this summer?!

bloglovin' . twitter . tumblr . instagram . pintrerest

5 comments :

  1. Lovely products and what a gorgeous lip conditioner, definitely have to try that! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely products and what a gorgeous lip conditioner, definitely have to try that! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou sweetie! Im loving the lip conditioner atm! xx

      Delete
  3. I've wanted to try Sleek's pout polish for ages! It looks amazing

    Malvika :)
    http://www.prettylittlethings7.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete