Pearly and White

Saturday 31 August 2013


I will spare you a very up close and personal picture of my teeth, but lately I have been indulging myself in a little whitening. Not having been blessed with beautiful pearly whites I have always been a little self-conscious about my less than perfect teeth, but after wearing braces for 2 years during my early teens I decided not to waste all that hard work and invest in a few whitening products. 

Not being able to afford the £200 price tag of professional treatment, I opted for Crest 3D Whitestrips Professional Effects, an American product I purchased from Ebay for around £20 for a 10 day course (similar seller here!). Using these for half an hour each day by sticking the plastic sheets to both the upper and bottom teeth really did make a big difference to my overall smile. I would take a guess that my teeth dropped about 3 or 4 shades in colour, considering they were pretty yellow to begin with and are now a much nicer cream colour. I will never have perfect pearly white teeth, but this does make me a lot more confident with my smile and for £20, why not?! 

Things to bare in mind; these may cause a little sensitivity, I had some by about day 8 but persevered and it disappeared a few days after I finished the 10 day course, also these do not work on veneers or anything other than real teeth! I had a few teeth problems when I was younger resulting in me having to have some extra build up on my canines which is technically not real tooth so the strips did not whiten them. I think if I went any whiter with the strips this may become a lot more noticeable so am reluctant to go whiter without a visit to my dentist first! I also use whitening toothpaste to maintain the colour (normally Macleans!) but will probably do another course of whitening within the next 6 months to keep up the colour, unfortunately it wont last forever!

How do you usually whiten your teeth?!

2 comments :

  1. Great post!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive never used this product but i have used the teeth whitening kit from oasis dental care which is brilliant, you get fitted for a teeth tray and 8 syringes. I will be topping my teeth up with this for my graduation this month.
    p.s well done on your blog its brilliant
    Steph

    http://sugarandspiceandallthingsnice1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete