the waterproof roundup

Thursday 8 August 2013


Waterproof mascara is a life or death necessity for straight, elephant lashed girls like me, which even after vigorous curling, lashings and lashings of regular mascara will always always turn my lashes into sad down turned spikes. Not attractive. Waterproof is the way forward, the high oil content makes lashes much more likely to hold their shape, even if they are an absolute bitch to get off!

My favourite of the bunch is L'oreal Telescopic Waterproof, a sadly now discontinued offering I bought on recommendation from Anna's blog, and have never looked back! I have a stash of these under my bed ready to fill its spot when this runs out, and I have previously professed my love for this wonder tube here. To sum it up; perfect, ridiculously long and separated lashes which will seriously last and last until you decide to attempt to scrub it off... I'm talking 48 hours+ here, I have tried it... naughty!

Coming in second is Maybelline's offering of the Falsies Waterproof version, which is a much wetter, much more volumising version of the telescopic. Some days this gives me fabulous, thick and perfectly curled lashes, on other days it gives me clumped up, sad, sticky lashes, dependant on my lash cycle (ie. if they are looking a bit sad anyway!) and on how much I can be bothered to curl them in lash pre-prep! This mascara is a saviour if you need nice lashes in about 3 swipes as this is so easily applied, no building up nessecary here!

Coming in last in Clinique High Impact in, you guessed it, waterproof. This was an impulse purchase in New York, and sadly has not wowed me in the mascara stakes! I find this does not hold the curl in my lashes very well at all, and while it is not as bad as normal mascara, it is by no means on the same curling level as L'oreal or Maybelline. I like to layer this over a tiny coat of the L'oreal Telescopic to give it some hold as I do like the volumising power of this mascara, and the best thing about it is that it is a lot easier to get off, so much less eye scrubbing and expensive makeup remover is required!

For reference, I use the Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover soaked on two cotton pads, holding one underneath my lashes and one above for about a minute or so and then rub them over my lashes. What do you use to remove waterproof mascara!?

I would love new recommendations for waterproof mascaras in the comments if you have any personal loves, I am always on the hunt for new favourites! 

bloglovin' . twitter . tumblr . instagram . pintrerest

8 comments :

  1. I like Maybelline, their products are very good
    Take a look to my blog and please,leave a comment
    http://ladytruemiss.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the L'Oreal voluminous waterproof and didnt work for me..telescopic looks promising going to try it!Bisous doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried the normal voluminous and found it alright but nothing amazing! I want to try the waterprood version of volume million lashes by loreal next i think! xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to try The Falsies, I always love mascaras with big brushes like that :)

    Tor xx That's Peachy Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete